For each chipper knife, paper cutting knife, shear metal blade or ice resurfacing blade, we all should know about the material, from material we could tell how the machine knife performs. And customer may have special requirement of mechanical properties of the machine knife material.
Then what is mechanical properties?
Mechanical properties are a set of common indexes of metal materials for machine knife and an important material performance index used in mechanical product design.
The resistance of metal materials to damage under load is called mechanical property (or mechanical property). The stand or fall of metal material performance, determines the scope of its use and the service life of the mechanical properties of metallic materials is the design of the parts and the main basis when select material, plus a different load property (such as tensile, compression, torsion, impact and cyclic load, etc.), the mechanical properties of metallic materials requirements will also be different.
The mechanical properties commonly mentioned include: elasticity, plasticity, rigidity, aging sensitivity, strength, hardness, impact toughness, fatigue strength and fracture toughness.
Elasticity: a metal material deforms when it is subjected to external forces, which can restore the properties of its original shape when the external forces are removed.
Plasticity: the ability of metal materials to produce permanent deformation without causing damage under external forces.
Stiffness: the ability of metal materials to resist elastic deformation under stress.
Strength: the ability of metal materials to resist deformation and fracture under external forces.
Hardness: the ability of a metal material to resist pressure from a harder object.
Impact toughness: the ability of metal materials to break under impact loads.
Fatigue strength: maximum stress that does not cause fracture when metal materials are subjected to repeated or alternating loads.
Fracture toughness: a performance index used to reflect the material's ability to resist the instability and expansion of cracks.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The selection of the blade material of the plas...
- Maintenance regulation of cutting machine blade
- The selection of slitting blades
- Intelligentization of cutting tool and cavity m...
- Efficient hybrid tool: chassis parts processing...
- Selection of jig tool and determination of cutt...
- Application advantages of cutting tool dry cutt...
- The main angle of the lathe tool
- Measuring the auxiliary plane of the lathe tool
- The characteristics of common tools in NC machi...
- Wire Electrical Discharge Machining
- Classification of WEDM
- Laser cutting for paper cutting knife material ...
- Classification of laser cutting for paper cutti...
- Achieving better surface of circular knife
- Chamfering’s function of metal shear blade
- High speed steel of industrial blades
- Material of 84 Ice planer blade
- Tungsten carbide three knife trimmer blade
- WC granularity requirements